Vandyke Prints

Many of you may not know that I am also an artist (when I get the time in between raising children, taking care of my family and home, and working as a wedding and portrait photographer). I went to art school at several different schools and finally graduated with my BFA from the college of Saint Rose. I also went to Southampton College in Long Island, studied abroad in England at the Winchester School of Art and Miskolc, Hungary. I found my love for art in Vandyke printing. The VanDyke was invented in 1842 by the English astronomer, Sir John Herschel. Basically I mix 3 chemicals in the dark (Ferric Ammonium Citrate, Tartaric Acid, Silver Nitrate, and distilled water), making a light sensitive liquid, paint the liquid on to paper, and print using sunlight. I then wash and fix the prints, which makes for some unique beautiful pieces. I was recently commissioned to create some prints for a wedding I did and someone's home. Here is the result:










1 comment:

  1. Christina was recently commissioned to photograph my daughter's wedding. The pictures are awesome! I was very impressed by her talent and creativity. She is very passionate about her work. Her VanDyke prints are unique and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete